Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LindyM
Reel Rookie

Wireless and remote settings lost after guest signs out of Guest Mode

We have a rental property with the ROKU set up in Guest Mode. When a guest signs out, the system does not retain the wireless connection or the remote settings. The next guest would need to find the wireless network and setup the remote for power and volume control, which is a lot to ask of someone unfamiliar with the system. This does not sound like something that should be happening. Could something have been missed in the setup phase? 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: ROKU loses wireless connection and remote settings after guest signs out of Guest Mode

@LindyM

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue for you. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LindyM
Reel Rookie

Re: ROKU loses wireless connection and remote settings after guest signs out of Guest Mode

I will get that info next time I am at that location, but could it be because the Roku devices were set up by me at home, placed in guest mode, and shipped to the tenant at the other location? If all changes to the system are cleared when a guest signs out, maybe that's why?

I'm wondering if I disable guest mode, set up the wireless and the remote at the other location, then enable guest mode again, it might retain the settings. Thoughts?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@LindyM

Thanks for the post.

Yes, because you are setting up the Roku device at another location, the settings will not be retained. Most of the time, customers who are using Guest Mode are setting up the device and placing it in Guest Mode in the same location.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Robn1

I have the same issue on all three Roku Tvs and I am at the guest home setting it up.

I Enter guest mode then it starts out as if its a new TV. Keep in Mind, I put a Welcome Banner for rental guests, but don't continue", I leave it for the guest to set up departure date. Is there some timeout on this? as After that I don't see it on my web browser "roku.com anymore.

Also, when I leave guest mode, I have to start all over on the TV as if out of the box. It used to return to my original non guest screen, but now i have to name it, bring up wireless etc. Is this from updates???  I am an IT guy and familiar with troubleshooting but this is strange. Please let me know if I can work with someone, Thank you much.

0 Kudos