Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ruggrawk
Level 7

Windows 10 won't screen mirror to Roku

After an unspeakable number of hours trying to find a solution, it was these two changes (both from this source: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-mirroring-not-working-after-upgrading-t...) that finally solved the problem for me.

• Use regedit to modify the following entry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters

(here´s some open heart operation needed) - where you either have to change the Dhcp from .173. to .137 or depending on your release have to switch the scope addresses from .137. to .173. - MS did change something on the latest build (ending with .218)

• I OPENED "RUN" TYPE "MSCONFIG" OPEN TAB: "SERVICES", TICK "HIDE ALL MICROSOFT SERVICES" ON BOTTOM OF BOX CLICK "DISABLE ALL CLICK"-"APPLY" CLICK "OK" CLICK "RESTART NOW" THIS WAS A HAPPY OUTCOME FOR ME PRAY THE SAME FOR YOU LOVE!!
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Windows 10 won't screen mirror to Roku

@ruggrawk 

Thanks for posting this link.  Hopefully it will help some Windows 10 users resolving their mirroring and projection  issues. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660x, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941
0 Kudos