Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ruggrawk

Windows 10 won't screen mirror to Roku

After an unspeakable number of hours trying to find a solution, it was these two changes (both from this source: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-mirroring-not-working-after-upgrading-t...) that finally solved the problem for me.

• Use regedit to modify the following entry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters

(here´s some open heart operation needed) - where you either have to change the Dhcp from .173. to .137 or depending on your release have to switch the scope addresses from .137. to .173. - MS did change something on the latest build (ending with .218)

• I OPENED "RUN" TYPE "MSCONFIG" OPEN TAB: "SERVICES", TICK "HIDE ALL MICROSOFT SERVICES" ON BOTTOM OF BOX CLICK "DISABLE ALL CLICK"-"APPLY" CLICK "OK" CLICK "RESTART NOW" THIS WAS A HAPPY OUTCOME FOR ME PRAY THE SAME FOR YOU LOVE!!
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Windows 10 won't screen mirror to Roku

@ruggrawk 

Thanks for posting this link.  Hopefully it will help some Windows 10 users resolving their mirroring and projection  issues. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos