Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chirper
Level 7

Will roku ultra be coming to uk?

Been a while, good machine... bring it to uk!!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Will roku ultra be coming to uk?

Roku never seems to comment on any future plans. It's frustrating, I know. Even when you're part of the beta group, and under an NDA, it's next to impossible to get them to discuss anything that isn't already known. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Hywel
Level 7

Purchased a streaming stick recently and really impressed with it.

Having Now, Netflix, Prime, BBC iplayer all on one player is so much easier.

I would love to get Roku Ultra in the UK for our main TV and agree that it is difficult to contact Roku for an answer.

Would be great if Roku could respond?

0 Kudos
Simon_M
Level 7

Old thread I know, but..... is there any update on this?

I like my Roku stick, but would prefer to upgrade to Ultra so I can use via the ethernet port.

If I buy one from the USA, is there any problem doing this, will it work OK in the UK?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Will a new Ultra work in the UK? Certainly. But the question is if the channels you desire will work on it. If the same channel is available say in the US, then it would probably work in the UK as well. For UK only channels, unless that channel provider will tell you if it will work, the only way to know for sure is to try it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Simon_M
Level 7

I read somewhere that BBC iplayer is not available on the Ultra, that would be a deal breaker for me.

I guess will probably wait for official launch (if ever!)

0 Kudos
internetvic1
Level 8

I purchased a Roku Ultra via Amazon.com paying £86. I can confirm the BBC iPlayer channel does not work on it. 

I love the speed and reliability of  ethernet connectivity and it is in my view the best of the Roku streamers  (I use 4 different model streamers around my home).

0 Kudos