Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Will roku stick work with the ultra?

Jump to solution

I have an out building that has hard wired internet as it is too far to get the WiFi signal. I have an HDTV TV (not smart but does have ethernet port) out there that I would like to buy a stick for. It is my drum studio so am mainly watching instructional type of stuff, no heavy viewing. Will that type of configuration work? Any advice welcome!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 14

Re: Will roku stick work with the ultra?

Jump to solution

Why would a TV that is not "smart" have an Ethernet port? Anyways, that port would essentially be an input. As noted, Roku Sticks are WiFi only. If you can run Ethernet to the studio, you could either use an Ultra directly, or get an access point to create a WiFi hotspot. Something similar to this:

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Wireless-300Mbps-Repeater-TL-WA801ND/dp/B004UBU8IE/

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

You title doesn't make any sense (Will roku stick work with the ultra?), but to answer your question, your TV's Ethernet port does you no good with a stick.  You either want a Roku Ultra with an Ethernet port or a Wi-Fi extender of some sort if you want to use a stick.

Highlighted
Level 14

Jump to solution

Why would a TV that is not "smart" have an Ethernet port? Anyways, that port would essentially be an input. As noted, Roku Sticks are WiFi only. If you can run Ethernet to the studio, you could either use an Ultra directly, or get an access point to create a WiFi hotspot. Something similar to this:

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Wireless-300Mbps-Repeater-TL-WA801ND/dp/B004UBU8IE/

View solution in original post