Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ganjohn121
Level 7

Will Roku Premiere work with 220v?

Jump to solution

I am trying to purchase a Roku Premiere or the Streaming Stick to be used in South Korea where they use 220 volts. Will it work safely as long as they change the USB adapter plug for the outlet (If the USB ports on their TV isn't enough to power it)? People seem to have different answers about this topic and I don't understand why Roku won't just post the voltage of their devices in the description. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Level 21

Re: Will Roku Premiere work with 220v?

Jump to solution

The Premieres, the sticks, and the Expresses all use a 5V USB power adapter.  I believe the last one I looked at said input 120 to 240 VAC, but it doesn't really matter.  Any USB power adapter you can use there that can output at least 1 Amp will work, so there's no need to use the Roku power adapter.  All USB power adapters output 5V except for possibly switching to a higher voltage to quick charge a phone, but I wouldn't worry about that possibility.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
renojim
Level 21

Re: Will Roku Premiere work with 220v?

Jump to solution

The Premieres, the sticks, and the Expresses all use a 5V USB power adapter.  I believe the last one I looked at said input 120 to 240 VAC, but it doesn't really matter.  Any USB power adapter you can use there that can output at least 1 Amp will work, so there's no need to use the Roku power adapter.  All USB power adapters output 5V except for possibly switching to a higher voltage to quick charge a phone, but I wouldn't worry about that possibility.

View solution in original post