Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Utku
Binge Watcher

Will 4K HDR Roku work on a 1080 resolution TV?

Jump to solution

i want to buy roku premiere but roku premiere 4K and HDR but my TV resolution is 1080p though will Roku premiere run in 1080p on my TV? Roku Premiere (3920 series) 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Will 4K HDR Roku work on a 1080 resolution TV?

Jump to solution

Yes.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
DBDukes

Jump to solution

Yes.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Utku
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have HDMI 2 on my TV, don’t have 2.2, but it still works right? @DBDukes 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

HDMI 2.1 was released in 2017 and remains the most recent version. I think Roku devices use 2.0, at least the Premiere 3920 does.

However, you might want to keep in mind that Roku has again discontinued the Premiere. (There have been a few different ones bearing that name over the years, and the Express 4K or the Express 4K+ seems to have taken the Premiere's place.)

Your question may no longer be applicable as worded. But any Roku should work just fine on your TV. So, if you worded to use another similar Roku, I'd still say it would work. You see, I have a UHD/4K, HDR Roku device attached to a 1080p TV and have no issues.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
Utku
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thank You @DBDukes 

0 Kudos
JL21

Jump to solution

I purchased the Roku Streaming Stick+ which is 4K/HDR compatible on TV that have HDMI port (HDCP 2.2 for 4K).  From what I have been reading in the HDCP error solutions, all tv's with an HDMI port should support this stick.  But am getting no resolution to the error.  Can someone please verify if my tv which is a smart TV with -  Vizio D650i-B2 with resolution of 1080p will support the Roku Streaming Stick +. Thanksl 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@JL21 

I'll try to be more clear than the last time.

Roku Streaming devices -- all of them -- will display on a 1080p TV.

Roku Streaming devices -- all of them -- will display on a 720p TV.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
Chrism1

Jump to solution

I know this "should" work but I cannot movies to load from any channel.  Can anyone offer any solution or cause for this?  Thanks

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Chrism1 

What you're reporting seems off-topic. The thread is a question about resolution, not about content not playing. If I am misunderstanding your question, my apologies, and please restate. If your question is actually about content not playing, try restarting your Roku device. Settings > System > System restart

If that doesn't resolve it, post in a new topic so that this thread stays on topic.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
Chrism1

Jump to solution

Sorry.  In any case you were correct.  Thank you.

0 Kudos