Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imthebest

Re: Widgets on Screensaver

how do we get rid of wether widget

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@imthebest

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify your inquiry? What screensaver are you using? Can you provide a screenshot?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

I hate it when someone try to force there bs on me. This weather app is like someone just taking there finger and poking you. You just want to haul off and wack them one. 

0 Kudos
Krenath

Danny. Bro.  Listen.  

Everyone is complaining about the ADVERTISEMENT that displays on EVERY screensaver EVERY time they view ANY screensaver.  

The complaint is that they DO NOT WANT the widget it is advertising AND they DO NOT WANT to see the AD for it either.

They just want to see their chosen screensaver and NOTHING ELSE. 

I would happily pay Roku the extra $10 for a "Nothing" widget that made it shut up if they need my money so badly. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Krenath wrote:

... Everyone is complaining about the ADVERTISEMENT that displays on EVERY screensaver EVERY time they view ANY screensaver.  ...

Huh. There are no ads on my screensaver. So every screensaver? Every time? Every? 

you-keep-using-that-word.jpg

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Popsicles

I tried to hide it but there is no option to hide it. It just wants you to pay for it! That would be fine with me if it WERE SHOWING THE RIGHT DATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
renojim

@Popsicles, WHAT SCREENSAVER?!  I have been using Roku devices practically since day one and I have never seen a "widget", so don't say "all of them".  Point us to a screensaver in the Channel Store or post a picture of its selection on your screen.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
jasonweb54

I've noticed the issue too, and it only seems to be screensavers labeled "Developer: OKKO", which is unfortunately a lot of them. But it might be their decision to put that stupid ad on their screensavers, rather than Roku's decision.

0 Kudos
renojim

@jasonweb54, not "might be", absolutely is OKKO's decision.  Roku doesn't add ads to any screensavers other than their own.  That goes for "widgets" as well.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Litlisa
Reel Rookie

I figured it out!   It’s easy. From Home Screen scroll to your screensaver/wallpaper app. Select.

A message pops up on how to find the hidden widgets. Basically, press play on your remote. From there, it’ll show widgets which you can turn on or off. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos