Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
justing96
Level 7

Widgets on Screensaver

Hi. I recently added a new screensaver and it says "Weather and Clock widgets available," but I don't want those widgets. How do I turn them off so I can just enjoy the screensaver pictures? The clock one is already hidden, but the weather one won't go away.

4 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: Widgets on Screensaver

Look under the screensaver's settings.  I'm not sure where they hide them anymore.  It may be under "Themes".

0 Kudos
Tokihammer
Level 7

I have the same problem, and there is no "screensaver settings" section. There are screensavers, and you can click on each screensaver, but there are no settings for them.

These are super annoying because every time I turn on my tv, I now see a widget asking me to buy something, and when I hit home it sends me to the payment page instead.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Ray9Ray9
Level 7

As far as I can tell, the "Weather widget is available" thing is basically an advertisement, which will go away in about 30 seconds if you don't touch anything, but you can't completely get rid of it and it comes back every time you leave and then return to the screensaver.

I didn't even really want a screensaver! This thing was called "Christmas Eve WALLPAPERS." Why can't I just get a Christmas wallpaper for my home screen????

LaydChief
Level 7

I was getting frustrated not being able to cut the TV off. But rest this so thank you 

0 Kudos