Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Streams
Level 7

Re: Why doesn't the Roku Stick support an Ethernet Adapter?

"Crow550" wrote:
"Streams" wrote:
"Crow550" wrote:

Now I still want an option to wire my media devices though. If Chromecast can offer an usb Ethernet Power Adapter then so can Roku.

They do give you the option of an ethernet port, on the STB models.
The 2 Stick models don't have it available, no reason for it.  
Unlike the Chromecast and Fire, Roku makes many different style models, so there is never a need for ethernet on the Stick.

Yes there is. Maybe all I want is a small stick and not a bulky box.... 

The STB is NOT bulky.  And when it's attached behind the TV, you won't know the difference between it and the Stick.  
0 Kudos
Crow550
Level 7

Re: Why doesn't the Roku Stick support an Ethernet Adapter?

Crushing my dream man. Smiley Tongue
0 Kudos
Streams
Level 7

Re: Why doesn't the Roku Stick support an Ethernet Adapter?

"Crow550" wrote:
Crushing my dream man. Smiley Tongue

Sorry buddy.
But here is my contention:  Roku is giving you MORE choice than the competition.  So I don't think it's fair to act like Roku is restricting you by not putting one option on some of their models since they put it on the others where it makes more sense to be.  
0 Kudos
2pints
Level 7

Re: Why doesn't the Roku Stick support an Ethernet Adapter?

Roku currently offer two models, the express, and Stick+ neither of them appear to have ethernet
0 Kudos
Crow550
Level 7

Re: Why doesn't the Roku Stick support an Ethernet Adapter?

"Streams" wrote:
"Crow550" wrote:
Crushing my dream man. Smiley Tongue

Sorry buddy.
But here is my contention:  Roku is giving you MORE choice than the competition.  So I don't think it's fair to act like Roku is restricting you by not putting one option on some of their models since they put it on the others where it makes more sense to be.  

Well the problem lies if you purchase a Stick+ as example and decide later you want to wire it (talking about a $15 upgrade vs $99). However I didn't come here to argue and at the end of the day most modern Wifi Routers have improved Wireless performance. 
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 15

Re: Why doesn't the Roku Stick support an Ethernet Adapter?

True. I find my Roku Stick and Insignia TV (both wireless only) work quite well with 802.11n in the 5 GHz band. The 2.4 GHz band has more interference, so more likely to have issues. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
jeffrok
Level 12

Re: Why doesn't the Roku Stick support an Ethernet Adapter?

"Crow550" wrote:
"Streams" wrote:
"Crow550" wrote:
Crushing my dream man. Smiley Tongue

Sorry buddy.
But here is my contention:  Roku is giving you MORE choice than the competition.  So I don't think it's fair to act like Roku is restricting you by not putting one option on some of their models since they put it on the others where it makes more sense to be.  

Well the problem lies if you purchase a Stick+ as example and decide later you want to wire it (talking about a $15 upgrade vs $99). However I didn't come here to argue and at the end of the day most modern Wifi Routers have improved Wireless performance. 


Get a mesh wifi system.. Just got a Google WiFi system, and I can get great speeds throughout my 2 story home. Worth it.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Streams
Level 7

Re: Why doesn't the Roku Stick support an Ethernet Adapter?

"2pints" wrote:
Roku currently offer two models, the express, and Stick+ neither of them appear to have ethernet

Roku offers 5 models, not 2.   The Express, Express+, the Stick, Stick+, and the Ultra.  The Ultra has ethernet.
As others have mentioned, wireless works excellent.  I don't even have multiple access points, just one.  And I stream to 3 Rokus while people are using computers, phones, and tablets and never an issue.
If you have any worries, I would get the Stick+.  It has better wireless than the normal Stick.  
0 Kudos
Crow550
Level 7

Re: Why doesn't the Roku Stick support an Ethernet Adapter?

"Streams" wrote:
"2pints" wrote:
Roku currently offer two models, the express, and Stick+ neither of them appear to have ethernet

Roku offers 5 models, not 2.   The Express, Express+, the Stick, Stick+, and the Ultra.  The Ultra has ethernet.
As others have mentioned, wireless works excellent.  I don't even have multiple access points, just one.  And I stream to 3 Rokus while people are using computers, phones, and tablets and never an issue.
If you have any worries, I would get the Stick+.  It has better wireless than the normal Stick.  

The Expresses only have 2.4ghz. 
Yeah it depends on the size of your House and walls.... However additional Access Points are an option. They even have Powerline Network adapters with 5ghz access points....
Wifi Networks can be a pain the arse.
0 Kudos
dfgsrzwer
Level 8

Re: Why doesn't the Roku Stick support an Ethernet Adapter?

I find it hilarious that the same people that want wired internet also want wifi headphones...and yet don't realize the cons of one or even the pros of one.

Thank you, regressive millennials.
Charter Spectrum 60; d-link dual band router
Roku 4210, 3710; Xbox One, 360; Samsung BD player
Samsung tablet; Windows Vista laptop; LG phone
Toshiba DVD-R; Sony AVR; Panasonic AR
1080p and 720p TVs
0 Kudos