Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sisfloMiFl

Why are Bluetooth settings missing from my Roku streaming device?

Jump to solution

I have searched various places with various keywords and can’t find the answer. When I go to settings, remotes & devices, set up a new device, Remote is the only option to select. There is no Bluetooth option. We have the 3941RW - Roku Express 4K+ software version 10.5.0 - build 4201-CR.

I see other Bluetooth options so you would think the stick version is capable of connecting via Bluetooth. Is there a way to get the option to connect to Bluetooth in the settings? Thank you The Flos

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why are Bluetooth settings missing from my Roku streaming device?

Jump to solution

Only the Ultra models and the Streambar have Bluetooth.

https://www.roku.com/products/compare

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
renojim

Jump to solution

Only the Ultra models and the Streambar have Bluetooth.

https://www.roku.com/products/compare

0 Kudos

Re: Bluetooth Option in Settings Missing

Jump to solution

Are you sure it works with the Ultra? It doesnt list that in the compare feature...I purchased the Bluetooth speakers unknowing that it would not work with what I had, so bummed! Certainly dont want to buy a new tv, and dont need a sound bar too - that was the point of the speakers!

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@roxannemarie, no Roku device supports Bluetooth speakers.  The devices that do have Bluetooth can only receive audio from a phone or other device.

0 Kudos
1tahoegal

Jump to solution

The "solution " says NO Roku connects to BT devices. So why does Google show videos of it & instructions on Roku.com? I have this same issue & I believe these people are wrong.

renojim

Jump to solution

@1tahoegal, Roku devices with Bluetooth can only receive.  Of course there's videos and instructions on how to do it.  Show me a video that shows you how to pair your Bluetooth speakers.

0 Kudos
1tahoegal

Jump to solution

Well the video i have up says pair Bluetooth speakers. So thats output right? I'm a total newbie. When I Google it says to download the app & I can use my phone as the remote. Thats what I'd really like to do. I was also told I can mirror my phone to the Roku. But...can I just go to a wifi setting on the screen of the TV with Roku & search for what I want to mirror?? Thank you for any help! I'm usually very good at figuring things like this out! 😁

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

I'd like to see that video on pairing speakers because as far as I know it's impossible. 

As for the app (I hope you're in the US):  Roku Mobile App - Free for iOS® or Android™ | Roku 

I don't know much about screen mirroring/casting, but it's something you initiate from your phone.  There's plenty of people here that can help.  In general, I believe it works something like this (for casting; mirroring is a little different than casting):  you start watching a video on your phone and there's something (like I said, outside of my area of expertise Smiley Happy ) that you press on the phone screen to send it to your Roku.  I don't think you need the Roku app for this.  Post back with questions about casting/mirroring and I'm sure someone will help.  You should probably start a new thread for mirroring/casting questions since it's unrelated to Bluetooth.

April4

Jump to solution

Been reading the replies. I have no Pair Bluetooth Device option and I don’t have an ultra model but I’ve mirrored my screen before. Suddenly now I can’t and don’t have a Pair Bluetooth option. Any ideas why?

renojim

Jump to solution

@April4, screen mirroring doesn't use Bluetooth.  What device are you trying to mirror? 

0 Kudos