Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who gave you permissions to set my theme to Disney+

Jump to solution

I install the app and the next thing you know the entire background is Disney+ propaganda.  I didn't ask for this or give anyone permission to change the theme.  WTH Roku.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Level 11

Re: Who gave you permissions to set my theme to Disney+

Jump to solution

From the home screen:

Settings > Theme > Click on Custom settings

Uncheck Enabled featured themes

Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi connected - Samsung UN55ES6100
Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi connected - JVC EM37T

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Lgodave
Level 9

Jump to solution
Did you get the Halloween theme last Month? Then you have a theme setting you need to change...
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 11

Jump to solution

From the home screen:

Settings > Theme > Click on Custom settings

Uncheck Enabled featured themes

Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi connected - Samsung UN55ES6100
Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi connected - JVC EM37T

View solution in original post

arakageeta
Level 7

Jump to solution

After the Disney+ Theme took over, I changed my theme to another.  However, this evening I found my theme was set back to Disney+.  I live alone---no one changed my settings.

I logged onto this site to complained.  Looks like @urban_crawler beat me to it!

One last bit: looks like I can't delete the Disney+ Theme.

0 Kudos
Lgodave
Level 9

Jump to solution
Somehow you missed both makaiguy and my comments that you're going to want to disable the featured themes option in settings...

If you don't want Seasonal,Holiday, or Special Event custom themes throughout the year, that is...
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thanks for this info.  I actually don't mind the seasonal changes.  Disney+ just took it too far for me.  Adding a certain channel shouldn't turn my TV into their personal billboard.

Lgodave
Level 9

Jump to solution
Yet, the Featured Themes option isn't necessarily linked to what Channels you have installed (compatible player or no), or not. You did hit on the "personal billboard"... So while Disney (and Disney+) don't need it ( considering news of the early signup to D+)... Having the Advertisement (Special Event) that Roku users can access Disney+ (on compatible players)... is smart. Disney,Roku, and Interested Consumers all win. Halloween rolls around and Roku "reminds" Consumers to watch some Scary Movies... Maybe download a Channel/App that specializes in that... Maybe a purchase/rental is involved.
Could miff some Consumers... others might appreciate the reminder. (Reminds me of when I started using DVRs 17 years ago... I'd sometimes miss out on upcoming events because of skipped Commercials...) Featured Themes is just another way for companies to get our eyeballs to consider their products... (Which at the moment you can still "skip")
0 Kudos