Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Which roku should I get?

I have a non smart tv that has a roku 2 hooked up to it. However the roku 2 needs to be replaced. The tv is not 4K capable. I just want something that will stream in hd and that isn’t too expensive. I’ll be using amazon prime, Netflix, espn and other sports, pbs, acorn tv, etc on it. I mostly stream everything. Which roku would you guys recommend?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 14

Re: Which roku should I get?

For basic use, a simple Express will do, as long as you have decent WiFi. If you must use wired Ethernet, then only the Ultra has that. The Ultra is a bit faster, but all the others are about the same as far as performance. It's just features like included remotes (IR vs WiFiDirect with voice support.)

Also, the main model number is all that matters. Letters at the end, like X, R, RW just tell what market it was for (X=Roku direct, R=Retail, RW=Retail WalMart.) The differences are usually limited to which shortcut keys are on the remote, such as the WalMart having a Vudu button (WalMart own Vudu).