Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which one to buy

Want a roku for someone who doesn’t have a smart tv but does have 2 HDMI ports.  The TV is a flat screen Panasonic around 2018.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Which one to buy

Any should do. It really depends on factors other than what you've listed. If the TV is wall mounted, for instance, you might want to choose a stick model. If for any reason a wired connection is preferred, go with the Ultra. If none of that matters, the Express is the cheapest option, although the Premiere is a slightly better (and slightly more expensive) version of that.

My go-to recommendation is a Stick+, as it's a good middle ground, and includes a remote that also controls the TV power and volume, making it easier to use (only needing a single remote). However, if the user will need to switch remotes anyway, or will use a universal remote that can control several devices, then don't go with the stick models, as the IR universal remotes don't support those. If universal remote capability is needed, I usually suggest going with the Premiere, particularly if it can be found on sale.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos