Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Which Roku models feature skip ahead vs. fast forward on Sling?

Jump to solution

I have two Rokus: an older Roku 3 and a brand new Roku Ultra.  I use them both to stream SlingTV.

When it comes to fast-forwarding through DVR content, they function very differently:
- Roku Ultra has a continuous fast forward at variable speeds (x2, x4, x8, etc) (depending how many time you push the right directional button), then you resume play by pushing another button.
- Roku 3 has a skip-ahead function (30 seconds for each time you push the right directional button. Ex: 6 pushes skips ahead 3 minutes, then resumes play automatically)

I absolutely LOVE the skip ahead function of the Roku 3, it is exponentially easier to navigate your recordings.
Does anybody know what is the newest model of Roku that still has the skip-ahead function?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Which Roku models feature skip ahead vs. fast forward on Sling?

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply.  For what it's worth I eventually found what works, which is to pause the program and use the right purple button (scroll right?) to jump ahead in 10-second increments, then resume playing the recording.  Not ideal but works much better than trying the fast-forward button which was either painfully slow (1x) or much too fast (2x).  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi, did you ever get an answer to your question?  I'm a new Roku user (Streaming Stick Plus) and can't seem to figure out how to skip ahead in 30-second (or other) increments.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

Jump to solution

I believe all Roku's will understand the code, but not all remotes have the button. Some 3rd party remotes may have the code built-in, or be programmed to send it.

It's also up to an individual channel on whether it will be supported.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply.  For what it's worth I eventually found what works, which is to pause the program and use the right purple button (scroll right?) to jump ahead in 10-second increments, then resume playing the recording.  Not ideal but works much better than trying the fast-forward button which was either painfully slow (1x) or much too fast (2x).  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos