Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 17

Re: Which Roku devices have volume leveling?

Jump to solution

@jarhead127 wrote:

Is there a way I can post pics of my screen here?

This new forum allows attaching image files. Look in the header bar of the reply box, and you'll see a button labeled Photos. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
jarhead127
Level 7

Jump to solution

Wanted to post a pic of System Info, but it included personal info. It says

Model 3931RW

S/N X00400E0336H

Software 9.2.1 build 4090-AE

The first pic shows my options. Audio track is default only. In the second pic, I do have a volume setting, but my choices are only low, med, or high. No sound leveling what so ever!

20200128_143308.jpg20200128_143322.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Thanks for the extra details. As I mentioned before, I also do not see the option appearing on my 3931 model device.

I've relayed this information to our team to investigate further. Sorry for the inconvenience! At the moment, it doesn't appear that the feature is available. Once we hear more information, additional clarification, or any updates around this, I'll be sure to post an update. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
atc98092
Level 17

Jump to solution

@jarhead127 wrote:

Wanted to post a pic of System Info, but it included personal info. It says

Model 3931RW

S/N X00400E0336H

Software 9.2.1 build 4090-AE

The first pic shows my options. Audio track is default only. In the second pic, I do have a volume setting, but my choices are only low, med, or high. No sound leveling what so ever!

Just so you know, that second image is the accessibility page, and that volume is solely for the voice guide. It has nothing to do with what you're looking for. And Tanner has mentioned it isn't appearing in a 3931 that he tested, so Roku has to figure out where the error is. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
jarhead127
Level 7

Jump to solution

OK, today I rx my new Streaming Stick Plus Mod 3810 and it HAS sound leveling. Just hope it works as advertised.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Vraxoin
Level 7

Jump to solution

Just chiming in as another owner not seeing the "Volume Mode" option on our new 3930X no matter what's playing in any app.  Latest Roku OS is installed.  It's only hooked up to a TV in stereo.  Nothing complex at all.  Volume Mode works great on our new Ultra in another room.  Hope to hear about a solution soon, otherwise we need to send it back.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Vraxoin
Level 7

Jump to solution

So I guess we're not going to get an answer on this issue?  There is no reason that someone in engineering can't quickly figure out whether this is a bug or whether Roku is wrong in stating that the Express supports "Volume Mode" like the the other models.  It would be really nice to know while there is still a little time left to return the device if it's not going to be a supported function.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

@Vraxoin  As noted earlier in the topic solutions, we've acknowledged that this feature is not currently supported on Roku Express 3930/3931/3932 models. We have shared this feedback with the team. We hope to make this available on this model in the future, but we do not have an ETA to share right now. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
jarhead127
Level 7

Jump to solution

LOL, I came to the same conclusion. I tried contacting Roku repeatedly and they never replied. So, I filed a complaint for false advertising with the FTC to which I'm sure they'll reply.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Vraxoin
Level 7

Jump to solution

Yes, I read that you discovered the same thing we all have and now wisely removed the 3930x/3931x from the following page: How do I use volume modes on my Roku® streaming device?

The unfortunate part is that nobody ever tested it in the first place before shipping the device and putting that model on the page.  It seems very odd that the old Express supported it but the newer ones take a step backward feature-wise.

It's a bummer because we really don't need a Streaming Stick + or Ultra in the bedroom the Express is in since it's just a 1080p display which is only used at night, thus the reason the "Night" volume mode is so wanted (because ads suckSmiley Very Happy)

Anyway, on the plus side it was very inexpensive and does everything else well, so we'll hang onto it and keep our fingers crossed that the devs come up with a solution.

Thanks!

0 Kudos