Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Which Roku Streamer????

I have 2 Sony TV's. The 55" is a Rear Projection from way back. This is a pre HD unit. Also have a Sony 42" Flat Screen, also a pre HD unit. What would be the best Roku Streamers to get for these 2 TV's. 

Thanks, CSB

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Level 14

Re: Which Roku Streamer????

If they do not have DVI or HDMI inputs, then you are limited. The Roku Express+ is the only one that includes AV outputs for non-HD devices.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

They have the HDMI port.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

If they have HDMI, then they should work with most any Roku. You can go to the Sony support site, type in the model numbers, and get any manuals with information, if you don't have the original manuals.

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks Andy, would any 1 streamer be better then another in my case? They have 4, the Express, Premiere, Streaming Stick+ and the Ultra. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 14

Unless you need wired Ethernet or want to use USB to play music or movies, you may as well stick with the Express. It's more than fast enough, and you don't need the 4K support of the other models.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Well I had an Express that I purchased yesterday. I saw this AM. that Walmart put the Premiere on sale for the same $$$ so I took the Express back and got the Premiere, Good Move??  Thanks Again,

CSB

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

unless it was Express+,which has a better remote,Premiere is better if it matters.

Premiere can support 4k and HDR.

has 1gb of memory instead of 512mb.

i think that's only difference,which wouldn't matter to you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks to for your help.

CSB

0 Kudos