Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Where's the asterisk on virtual keyboard?

Jump to solution

I realise this is possibly an unusual enquiry...

I purchased a Roku Express for my parents and set it up at my home before giving it to them as a gift due to their home being inaccessible to me.

Since purchasing, I'm really pleased the BT Sport app has become available.

I've managed to remotely download the BT Sport app to the their Express but, my parents can't find the asterisk anywhere on the virtual keyboard when attempting to use the password I've created for them.

I've tried to guide them via video call but, they can hardly hear me and they're hands aren't steady holding the mobile.

Can somebody please guide me to the asterisk button using the virtual keyboard? Do you know which sub tab it's hidden under? Particular to the BT Sport app, if it's different to other apps please.

I'd be very grateful. I try my best to assist my parents in all things electrical and gadgets but, it is frustrating I can't gain access to their living room to do this for them.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Where's the asterisk on virtual keyboard?

Jump to solution

I usually use the Wireless password screen to try to answer questions about the virtual keyboard, so the first question is does the BT Sport channel use the same keyboard?

If so, you select the !?#$%& key on the virtual keyboard.  If * doesn't show up, it's because the keyboard is in Caps Lock mode (which it may be if the previous character was a capital letter).  To get it out of that mode, either select the key on the virtual keyboard with the little checked box and an up arrow or just press * on the remote control.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

I usually use the Wireless password screen to try to answer questions about the virtual keyboard, so the first question is does the BT Sport channel use the same keyboard?

If so, you select the !?#$%& key on the virtual keyboard.  If * doesn't show up, it's because the keyboard is in Caps Lock mode (which it may be if the previous character was a capital letter).  To get it out of that mode, either select the key on the virtual keyboard with the little checked box and an up arrow or just press * on the remote control.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

@renojim wrote:

@renojimYou little star!

Thank you very much for your reply.

I just caught my parents before they went to bed and they're now signed in to BT Sport, thanks to you.

Appreciated ;-)

0 Kudos