Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gigitoo
Reel Rookie

Where’s the July 4th theme?

Jump to solution

I thought Roku ran holiday themes?  Is this not an acceptable one?  

4 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Where’s the July 4th theme?

Jump to solution

Hi there,

We have a few patriotic wallpapers (Fireworks, Stars and Stripes, and Happy 4th of July) you can choose from in the Roku Channel. 

Grab themes over at https://channelstore.roku.com/browse/themes

I hope everyone had a great weekend with BBQ and Fireworks! 🇺🇸

-Austin

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
ReaganWolf
Reel Rookie

Re: Background

Jump to solution

Came here to ask the same. Mine just says happy summer. Come on ROKU don't wimp out on us.

Jump to solution

I guarantee that’s what is going on. I’ve had a Roku for over 10 years. It has always changed on July 4th. This year it’s a D@mn beach. Shame on them for ignoring Independence Day. I’m probably going to get rid of my Roku. They don’t deserve my business.

Jump to solution

I guess we have to manually add it ourselves now with so much of the leftist media HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS GREAT NATION THAT HAS GIVEN US SO MUCH. Roku never would have become so big if it grew up in China. ROKU is an American company and should automatically support and celebrate the countries birthday. But they chose to go WOKE which if continued will go BROKE

28 REPLIES 28
jedwards1
Reel Rookie

No Memorial Day Theme

Jump to solution

I have Seasonal Themes on.  Why doesn't Roku have a Memorial Day theme this weekend or at least today?

Valleyview
Reel Rookie

Background

Jump to solution

Anyone know why there is no patriotic background for those in the US? Is it because a patriotic background would offend those who hate our country? Since they are in the minority, I was hoping to see our flag fly free on our Independence Day.

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I'm using a Roku-supplied patriotic 4th of July "Star and Stripes" background on all my Rokus as I type this.

If you dont already have it in Settings/Themes/Wallpapers/My Wallpapers, you can add it from "Popular Wallpapers"...

ReaganWolf
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Came here to ask the same. Mine just says happy summer. Come on ROKU don't wimp out on us.

Johnny777
Channel Surfer

4th of July / Independence Day screen saver on Roku?

Jump to solution
Where's the 4th of July / Independence Day screen saver on Roku? 
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@ReaganWolf wrote:

Read the post above yours.

Jump to solution

I guarantee that’s what is going on. I’ve had a Roku for over 10 years. It has always changed on July 4th. This year it’s a D@mn beach. Shame on them for ignoring Independence Day. I’m probably going to get rid of my Roku. They don’t deserve my business.

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Admittedly its pretty bad that they didnt provide a July 4th theme, but somehow found time to push out a "Juneteenth" (our brand new latest travesty of a Federal holiday) theme as "popular", and then made the "summer beach" the "seasonal" wallpaper for July 4th weekend - even though they just pushed out a new July 4th Stars and Stripes wallpaper.  They didnt even have the decency to make the July 4th Stars and Stripes wallpaper a "featured wallpaper" - for July 4th!

It utterly reeks of liberal/progressive/Democrat bias and agenda.  And just to be clear, they are a progressive/liberal/Democrat controlled/run company in progressive/liberal/Democrat silicon valley in progressive/liberal/Democrat controlled California.

95% of their employees individual political donations go to progressive/liberal/Democrat causes/groups/candidates (this is publicly available/searchable information, as required by federal/state law)

All that said, there IS a Roku-provided July 4th Stars and Stripes wallpaper that anyone can make their current wallpaper:  Settings/Theme/Wallpapers/My Wallpapers or Popular Wallpapers/July 4th Stars and Stripes/Set as  wallpaper

Jump to solution

I guess we have to manually add it ourselves now with so much of the leftist media HATE EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS GREAT NATION THAT HAS GIVEN US SO MUCH. Roku never would have become so big if it grew up in China. ROKU is an American company and should automatically support and celebrate the countries birthday. But they chose to go WOKE which if continued will go BROKE