Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bestman

Where is My Feed Menu Option

Today I attempted to access My Feed on the Roku main menu, it wasn't there, it appears to have been replaced by Tokyo 2021 Olympics.  I went to the option to re-add to this menu and My Feed was not there.  Am I missing something and, if not, is there a way to add My Feed back to this menu?

34 REPLIES 34
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Where is My Feed Menu Option

You didnt mention your model name/# or firmware version:  Settings/System/About

I'm not seeing this behavior (it may be a temporary UI change rolling out).

Try restarting your device:  Settings/System/System restart/Restart

barfly
Channel Surfer

I'm having same issue exactly. Restarted, unplugged my Ultra stayed the same! Roku TV in another room was showing my feed when I did a manual update my Roku TV went to the Olympics. Another TV in another bedroom with a Roku Ultra Kept the My Feed.. Something to do with a Roku Update Error so I hope they fix it soon so that I don't loose my item's, what a way to start off a Saturday morning!!

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

To make the "2020 Tokyo Olympics" Home screen option appear: 

1) Go to Settings/Home Screen and show/hide "Featured Free" + "Movie Store and TV Store" + "My Offers" (show them all or hide them all - try it both ways).

2) The "2020 Tokyo Olympics" setting then appears both here (Settings/Home screen/2020 Tokyo Olympics) and at the Home screen and is enabled ("show") by default - you can choose Hide to disable it.

richddean
Streaming Star

I have the same issue on 3 of the 4 Roku's in my house. I hope it is not permanent. I liked the Feed option

Feed is missing on Roku Models:

Roku Ultra

Roku TV

Roku 3800x - Roku Streaming Stick

Feed is still there:

Roku 3930x - Roku Express

barfly
Channel Surfer

Thanks but that's not the issue. I removed the Olympics that appeared this morning but the My Feed Link on the home screen was deleted & replaced with the Olympics Link by Roku so not I can't check on the new movie list that I had by clicking on the My Feed Link.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@barfly wrote:

Thanks but that's not the issue. I removed the Olympics that appeared this morning but the My Feed Link on the home screen was deleted & replaced with the Olympics Link by Roku so not I can't check on the new movie list that I had by clicking on the My Feed Link.

That's definitely an issue - the replacement of "My Feed" by "2020 Tokyo Olympics" should be temporary, though for how long remains to be seen - best case scenario My Feed returns this coming Monday - worst case scenario it returns Monday August 9th (day after the closing ceremony).

Plan for the worst case.

(Its also possible they issue a UI update to allow both to appear, though I wouldnt plan on it)

Karen1313

I am having the same problem. My Feed is gone and. 2020 Tokyo Olypics is in its place i want my feed back 

Dininonymous
Streaming Star

For what it’s worth, my “My Feed” is also missing from my home menu as of 7/17 - I have the Streaming Stick+. On 7/16 it was still there, however BOTH “My Feed” and “2020 Tokyo Olympics” lines were there, so I don’t think the Olympics actually replaced My Feed. Whether the two are related, I have no idea, but both options were listed for me, briefly. Must be a glitch, and I hope they fix it. 

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

@Dininonymous wrote:

For what it’s worth, my “My Feed” is also missing from my home menu as of 7/17 - I have the Streaming Stick+. On 7/16 it was still there, however BOTH “My Feed” and “2020 Tokyo Olympics” lines were there, so I don’t think the Olympics actually replaced My Feed. Whether the two are related, I have no idea, but both options were listed for me, briefly. Must be a glitch, and I hope they fix it. 

Its most often the case that when Roku implements temporary UI changes (menus/themes/wallpapers/screensavers) for promotional/ad/"seasonal"/holiday purposes, that a pre-existing item/element is replaced by the temporary item/element (device memory/coding efficiency considerations).

On all my different models, this is the case with "My Feed" and "Tokyo Olympics 2020". 

Preferably they could co-exist, with the setting to show/hide each- and if Roku were to code that as a "fix" that would satisfy (almost all) parties.

However, given the facts and past behavior by Roku, this is very unlikely to happen (though it would be welcome if it did).