Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Where/How do I buy a device on the AppleTV+ compatible list?

The current Roku's have an apple tv channel, if you purchase movies or have your apple tv account linked to the Movies Anywhere that's where you'll find them. Inside the apple tv app you'll find Apple tv+, you have to pay a subscription for those titles. So, they just don't just play unless you're subscribed to that service. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

@subtlesarahg 

You never mentioned your older Roku model #s or current RokuOS firmware version (Settings/System/About) or Apple TV app version (Highlight the app at Home, press Options (*) on your remote).  Your TV model # and firmware version would also be useful, and can/do make a difference.

However, I think there is some confusion.

First, Roku either currently sells or has sold in the past (no longer manufactured) all of the devices on their model compatibility list from Roku.com in the US (with the exception of the Roku TVs, and retailer exclusive player models, such as "Ultra LT", some "HD" models, and the "ONN soundbar" etc, which can/could only be bought from Walmart, and another model or two that could only be purchased from Best Buy, etc).

Second, from your description it sounds like your "old" (and new) Roku models support (have installed) the Apple TV app and have access to the Apple TV+ streaming service content within the app, but that content isnt playing.

Regardless, it would be more helpful if you described any error messages or specific behavior displayed when you attempt to play any Apple TV+ content within the Apple TV app.

Try the following firmware settings changes to get playback to work in the ATV app:

1) Change Settings/Audio/Digital output format = Stereo - try again 

2) Change Settings/Display type = 4K HDR TV/4K TV/1080p TV/720p TV (Manually configure it to your TV type - dont use Auto detect) - try again

3) Change Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Advanced display settings/Auto-adjust display refresh rate = Off - try again

0 Kudos
subtlesarahg
Channel Surfer

@UserOfStreamers 

and everyone else!

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my posts. I've been so frustrated. But you've all helped me realize it is NOT a roku device issue 

I found this thread that is a bunch of people going through the same thing i am going through!

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/apple-tv-videos-not-available/m-p/558126

I really was going down the wrong road and now I have the correct thread to follow!

thank you community!!!!

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@subtlesarahg-

Stuff like this can be frustrating and infuriating.  We wish you luck.

If you get it solved, perhaps you can return and report what worked for the benefit of others that find this thread.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
UserOfStreamers
Roku Guru

@subtlesarahg 

Try the 3 troubleshooting steps I listed - they are specifically oriented towards your Apple TV app content playback problem and are known to resolve it.

0 Kudos