Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
subtlesarahg
Channel Surfer

Where/How do I buy a device on the AppleTV+ compatible list?

I am baffled why this is so complicated.

Roku publishes this list of ApplyTV+ compatible devices but does not seem to sell any of them. 

https://support.roku.com/article/360036652634

Does anyone know how / where i can purchase a Roku device so i can watch AppleTV+ along with my other channels?

Clearly some back room dealing is going on in to make it hard for us to watch this app.   

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Where/How do I buy a device on the AppleTV+ compatible list?

Here's one:

https://www.amazon.com/Roku-Express-Streaming-Wireless-Controls/dp/B0916TKFF2/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3M0KAC...

I'm not saying this one is THE SPECIFIC ONE that you should buy - it's just the first one I looked for.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

That list you mention tells you which Roku models Apple wrote their channel app to run on. This includes current Roku models as well as older models that are no longer available in the retail chain. This is most useful for people who already have a Roku and want to know if Apple+ will run on them.

ALL Roku player models in the current model line will run Apple+.  You can find them listed here: https://www.roku.com/products/players.  They can be purchased directly from Roku or at many online and local retailers.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
subtlesarahg
Channel Surfer

thanks so much for responding. WHERE do you see the model # in this amazon post??  i don't see anything. thanks! 

@Strega 

0 Kudos
subtlesarahg
Channel Surfer

hi makaiguy

Your statement is NOT correct. 

None of the products I looked at on the website are model numbers that are on the APPLETV+ list. 

I already have two Rokus. neither will play an apple tv+ show.  (you can log in to the app, but you CANNOT play a video.)

So I just bought a brand new one from the website. it arrived today. Apple TV shows DO NOT play.  the model # is NOT on the list of AppleTV+ models. 

0 Kudos
subtlesarahg
Channel Surfer

@Strega  i believe actually this is the exact one i just bought from the roku website and it did NOT work. 

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

@subtlesarahg wrote:

thanks so much for responding. WHERE do you see the model # in this amazon post??  i don't see anything. thanks! 

@Strega 

Under Product Information:

Item model number   3941R

Don't worry about the "R" - that just means Retail and doesn't make it different than any other 3941. All of the the ones linked above are fine too.  It appears you have some issue with AppleTV that is not based on having an unsupported model.

0 Kudos
atc98092

@subtlesarahg wrote:

hi makaiguy

None of the products I looked at on the website are model numbers that are on the APPLETV+ list. 

Exactly what model Roku players do you have? Are you located in the US or elsewhere? I have Apple TV installed on my Roku devices, and it works on every one of them. Some are the latest models, while some are 5+ years old. But if you're not located in the US, the information you're working with might not be valid.

Also, ignore the X at the end of the model numbers on the Apple support page. That's meaningless for this.

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
subtlesarahg
Channel Surfer

REALLY?? Now I am even more confused.  I am in the US. I have used Roku for years with no problems but my apple tv+ account loads but will never play a video. I assumed it was the device!  

Huh!  now it's even more of a mystery.  

0 Kudos
renojim

If you can't play any videos make sure you reboot everything involved - Roku, modem, gateway, router and anything else.  It's also advisable to remove the channel/app from your Roku, restart from Settings->System or Settings->System->Power (as appropriate), and add the channel again.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos