Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

When will update 9.3 be coming to my streaming stick+

Jump to solution

It’s already been out 3 weeks, I check everyday, and it automatically checks... is there anything I can do to pull in the update... 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: When will update 9.3 be coming to my streaming stick+

Jump to solution

@Chirper 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that Roku OS 9.3 will begin rolling out to select Roku players during April and is expected to roll out to all supported streaming players, including the Roku Smart Soundbar. Roku TV models are expected to receive the update in phases over the coming months.

For more information about the Roku OS 9.3, visit the Roku blog post here: https://blog.roku.com/roku-os-93

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
36 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution
Personally, I'm not in a hurry. The longer it takes to get to my system, the more time they'll have to learn about and repair the inevitable bugs they didn't catch during beta testing.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Read some people having a few issues... but is there a preference to certain models to get the update first... if there are bugs, surely they should have been ironed out before sending the update out.. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

@Chirper wrote:

if there are bugs, surely they should have been ironed out before sending the update out..

You haven't been around here long, have you?  :-)

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

What have I missed?? I’ve looked about and seen some peeps having the odd issue. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

We are in Canada. ROKU Ultra.Update Version 9.3 is already been out. I check everyday, and it automatically checks.They said ,update will work in April 2020 but April is ending now.

What should I do.??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Join the club... u could contact (Roku) directly I guess 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

Jump to solution

Roku is very methodical when they roll out updates. Partially because if something serious is uncovered (it happens) they haven't clobbered everyone with it. As to what schedule they follow, God only knows. It doesn't seem to follow regional patterns, specific models, or anything else that we can discern. I'm a beta tester, so I can't judge by what version my two test devices have. And I haven't looked at my non-test Ultra lately to see if it's been updated. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Chirper 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that Roku OS 9.3 will begin rolling out to select Roku players during April and is expected to roll out to all supported streaming players, including the Roku Smart Soundbar. Roku TV models are expected to receive the update in phases over the coming months.

For more information about the Roku OS 9.3, visit the Roku blog post here: https://blog.roku.com/roku-os-93

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

It’s now may... 

0 Kudos