Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lcvaron
Reel Rookie

When should I upgrade my remote? 2015 purchase

I am wondering if I should upgrade my remote? Purchased in 2015 and wonder if the lag in opening is due to an old remote or older tv? 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: When should I upgrade my remote? 2015 purchase

@lcvaron wrote:

I am wondering if I should upgrade my remote? Purchased in 2015 and wonder if the lag in opening is due to an old remote or older tv? 

Is it a Stick? A streaming box? A Roku TV? Need more info. The model number will be helpful.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
makaiguy

I agree the Roku model and model number (Settings > System > About) would be helpful in answering your question.  But I'd think lag in response to input from the remote is more likely to be due to hardware considerations in the Roku itself rather than in the remote.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
lcvaron
Reel Rookie

Thank You for your response! 
My remote model: RC41

Model: 3500x-Roku Stick

I just find the lag time to be anywhere from immediate to a lag time of 30-45 seconds. 
so not sure if it is remote or time for a new tv or upgrade equipment. 

thank you

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@lcvaron wrote:

Thank You for your response! 
My remote model: RC41

Model: 3500x-Roku Stick

I just find the lag time to be anywhere from immediate to a lag time of 30-45 seconds. 
so not sure if it is remote or time for a new tv or upgrade equipment. 

thank you

I would definitely replace the model 3500 Stick. The 3600 that came out the next year was noticably faster. The current Streaming Stick+ model 3810 blows it away. 

I would not so much update the remote as I would update the device. A newer remote won't really give you anything apart from TV power and volume control. The 3500 Stick doesn't support much else, and any speed issues are with the device, not the remote.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
renojim

And... I'm pretty sure there is no current remote that supports the 3500.  Only old remotes available on something like ebay would work.  It's definitely not worth putting money into a remote for a 3500.

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.