Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tiggered
Reel Rookie

What's the difference

Hi What's the difference with the Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810EU) for sale in the grey box to the one for sale in the purple box. Is buying the Purple box a better option? Does Roku do a firmware update over time? Thank you for your help IN ADVANCE. Regards Dave

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: What's the difference

Sorry, I cannot answer your question on grey vs purple box.

I CAN tell you that all supported Rokus receive periodic updates, both of the Roku operating software and the various channel apps as the channel owners update them.  The Streaming Stick+ (and its HE variant) is THE Streaming Stick in the current product line so it should continue to be supported for quite a few years yet.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: What's the difference

@Tiggered wrote:

Hi What's the difference with the Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810EU) for sale in the grey box to the one for sale in the purple box. Is buying the Purple box a better option? Does Roku do a firmware update over time? Thank you for your help IN ADVANCE. Regards Dave

If they have the same model number, they are the same device. The suffix (EU, RW, X, R, etc) are simply the distribution channel, nothing more. The 4-digit model number is the most important thing. All devices sharing the same model number are the same model.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos