Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
himelkari

What’s the best Roku? + differences

I want to buy a Roku player but been searching for hours what the differences even are. I’m either going with one of the following: -Roku 2 HD -Roku 2 XS -Roku 2 XD -Roku 2 LT I’m thinking either the XS or HD but don’t know what’s better or the difference. I’m mainly just gonna watch Hulu & YouTube. Also there’s YouTube TV on ALL of them, correct? Cause I have a tv subscription for it.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: What’s the best Roku? + differences

No, YouTube TV is on none of them!! Reason? They're about 10 years old or older. You want something much newer like Express 4K+ 3941. Think about the Roku Streambar or Streambar Pro too. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@himelkari  Where did you get your list of Roku devices from? Those are all outdated and very old. Buy yourself a newer model 

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

As noted, the models you mention are ancient. Did you find some old review site? The 'best' Roku is the Ultra (US$89). It's very fast, supports 4K and HDR, and also has a USB port for movies/pictures and an Ethernet port if you don't want to use WiFi. But, even the basic Express (on sale at US$25 at Roku.com) is good enough for plain HD.

https://www.roku.com/products/players 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@himelkari 

Any of the devices found on the Roku Players page will work. If you are outside one of the 17 supported countries, the apps you're looking for won't work:

• United States
  • Canada
  • France
  • United Kingdom
  • Germany
  • Argentina
  • Brazil
  • Chile
  • Colombia
  • Costa Rica
  • El Salvador
  • Guatemala
  • Honduras
  • Mexico
  • Nicaragua
  • Panama
  • Peru

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos