Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Draiken
Level 7

What current Roku streaming devices support 3D

Jump to solution

I am hooking up one of my 3D TVs which originally had a 3D capable Roku device. I cannot find any documentation stating which devices support 3D. I believe it is any 4k capable unit but wanted to see what others might know.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: What current Roku streaming devices support 3D

Jump to solution

Technically every Roku device supports 3D - at least in Half-SBS/OU output mode (any device does in fact).

Not clear what 3D content you are trying to stream though - none of the apps are otherwise specifically 3D-enabled, and there is no specific HDMI 3D mode support.

So if you have ripped 3D content in Half-SBS/OU mode in MKV, it'll playback (e.g. with RMP) just fine (either your TV will auto-detect and activate 3D mode, or you'll need to manually put your TV into 3D mode).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4\
StreamerUser
Level 20

Jump to solution

Technically every Roku device supports 3D - at least in Half-SBS/OU output mode (any device does in fact).

Not clear what 3D content you are trying to stream though - none of the apps are otherwise specifically 3D-enabled, and there is no specific HDMI 3D mode support.

So if you have ripped 3D content in Half-SBS/OU mode in MKV, it'll playback (e.g. with RMP) just fine (either your TV will auto-detect and activate 3D mode, or you'll need to manually put your TV into 3D mode).

Draiken
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the info. I thought this might be the case. When I first purchased this TV only certain Roku devices would support 3D content from Vudu and other steamers. It appears they all support it now. 

0 Kudos
badgyrl39171
Level 7

Jump to solution

Is there a 3d mode on a roku tv ? If so where is it?

0 Kudos
StreamerSue
Level 12

Jump to solution

@badgyrl39171  There are no 3D TVs period. 

0 Kudos