Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KlausMikalson
Level 7

What are the differences between the different versions of Roku?

Hello everyone,,,

I’m new here and I noticed they have several different Roku devices. But what makes each one unique? They go from $30 to $100+. Do any lack “essential” features? What would you say was your reasons for getting your version of a Roku device?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
Gary-94080
Level 12

Re: What are the differences between the different versions of Roku?

the lowest price ones are the "USB sticks" the plug into your tv.  my aunt has one and she doesn't like it because it get hot when it is plugged in.  she unplugs it when not in use.

the express and premiere are tabletop boxes and are wifi only

the ultra is a tabletop box that has wifi but can also be hardwired into your home network.  model sold in most stores has a remote finder button, the one sold by Walmart does not.

then there is with or without 4k and your will need to see which version it is.  I think all of the latest models are 4k but I could be wrong.

lesmikesell
Level 13

Re: What are the differences between the different versions of Roku?

Here is a comparison.  Big differences are 4k or not,  USB ports or not, wifi ac or not, ethernet port or not, remote control with headphone jack/voice control or not.   Ethernet was important to me a few years ago but wifi has gotten better if you don't have too many walls in the way.

https://www.roku.com/products/compare

Also note that if you are considering a new TV, the brands that include a built-in roku are generally not any more expensive than others.

0 Kudos