Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 9

Weird one. One ultra gives me options to hide home screen crud, the other doesn'

So here's what I have.  One roku latest model (2019) the other the previous model ultra bought in 2018.  Both on the most recent update that came out this week, although the problem preceded that to the prior version.

On both Ultra's, I have everything in "home screen" settings to "hide" because I'm not interested in any of it.

At some point in the last month, both reverted to show all of them.   Thanks Roku for being in my face with what I already said I didn't want.

The 2019 model let me go to settings/home screen and hide it all again.  The other one has only options to enable the 'tv off' and 'channels' options, and doesn't show the other home screen items at all, and to boot the home screen on that one is also showing a "cyber monday" ad for the roku speaker.

Other than a factory reset and reloading/logging back into 15 apps, any ideas as to how to fix this?  I don't need 8-9 items on my home screen listings.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Weird one. One ultra gives me options to hide home screen crud, the other doesn'

Does sound strange.  Just out of curiosity, does one model number end with X while the other ends in R or RW?  Check from Settings->System->About.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Weird one. One ultra gives me options to hide home screen crud, the other doesn'

4660RW is the one with the issue.  Only allows removing "featured free" and the "power on/off" shortcuts, and has the "Cyber Monday!" thing on it.

4670RW is the one that lets me hide everything.

The goofy one got an update mid last week, when I checked for update again yesterday it downloaded another one.  Same problem both times.  I *had* this one set to hide everything, but after an update around a month or two ago the options went away

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

I bit the bullet, did a factory reset, spent an hour logging back into 12 apps.  Cyber Monday deal is now gone, but same problem with the home screen.  Only options to hide are featured free and shortcuts, not News, etc.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

And overnight the "Cyber Monday" deal reappeared.  I'm right back where I started. Guess I have to get used to a main menu with 9 options on it, 4 of which aren't of interest.

0 Kudos