Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RayRay2

Re: Renaming Linked Device Issue

I have the same problem of "unexpected error". I tried Firefox, Chrome and Edge. I have 3 ROKU TVs and I cant keep track of them by the SNs. I hope they fix this sooon.

0 Kudos
mrpeach2

Removing devices fails every time with "The website experienced an unexpected problem"

My Roku account is very old, and has a number of very old devices (like when they were hand sized boxes) on my list (like 2015 old). Whenever I try to remove one of these old devices the above error is displayed. How can I remove these devices???

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Removing devices fails every time with "The website experienced an unexpected problem"

The web-baed device management is down.

Roku is aware of this, and hopefully service will be restored soon

0 Kudos
Gran8wall
Reel Rookie

Re: The website experienced an unexpected problem

It appears that the issue is back.  I am trying to UNLINK a device and I am receiving the exact same message.  Your previous fixes do not work.  What next?

0 Kudos
mrpeach2

Re: Removing devices fails every time with "The website experienced an unexpected problem"

Thanks for that info. I was thinking that the backend couldn't handle really old devices, but this is better, I guess. But why did it have to happen when I finally got a new 4k TV??? (rhetorical, of course!)

0 Kudos
Gran8wall
Reel Rookie

Just tried to update a device's location.  Received the following:  

There was an unexpected error in the website. The current page will not load. Close and re-open your browser, navigate back to the website, and try repeating your last actions. If the problem persists, please contact our support team.  How do I contact the support team???

0 Kudos
statim24
Reel Rookie

Also seeing this issue when trying to unlink a device. @RokuDanny-R 

0 Kudos
statim24
Reel Rookie

Unlink just worked for me.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone!

I hope you're doing well.

We believe that this issue has been fixed. You can try unlinking or renaming your device through the website again.

If you're still experiencing the issue, let us know. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
NukeLife
Reel Rookie

No.  The problem still exists.  I can’t rename or change room location for any of my devices.  
For this issue to still be a problem for over TWO YEARS is stunning. Has anyone even attempted to fix this issue?

0 Kudos