Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Angelo-21

Website error: "there was an unexpected error in the website... to try again later"

Hello,

I am unable to update my Roku device name. I clicked the "Pencil" in my account and gave it a name, but it does not save and a message comes up stating "there was an unexpected error in the website... to try again later" and I tried on 2 separate computers and at different times in vain.

Please, help.

Thanks in advance

23 REPLIES 23
dmmsr
Reel Rookie

Re: Updating my Roku Device Name

I am having the same problem.

unable to modify account settings

I'm attempting to modify the names of my linked devices on my account page and no matter which browser I use I get the following message...

There was an unexpected error in the website. The current page will not load. Close and re-open your browser, navigate back to the website, and try repeating your last actions. If the problem persists, please contact our support team. 

I see that a lot of support messages complaining about the very same thing but no indication about how to fix it and not a lot of good comments about customer support...any clue how to fix this? I'm scared to unlink them and try to relink them.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: unable to modify account settings

There have been a few reports of this.  @RokuDanny-R or @RokuKariza-D will have to look into it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

The website is still experiencing an issue related to device name changes.

You can wait for them to resolve the issue or contact Roku:

chat/email/phone:      https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options     

(choose setup/ultra/other/need more help?)

@RokuDanny-R @RokuKariza-D and @RokuMary-F please continue to escalate this issue with the web/device management team.

0 Kudos
dmmsr
Reel Rookie

I have the IOS Roku app and found that I can change the name of any of my devices on the app.  I still am unable to make the change on the web log in though.  Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
dmmsr
Reel Rookie

I use the IOS Roku app and I can make the name change to the device(s) there.  Still not able to on the web log in though.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Website error: "there was an unexpected error in the website... to try again later"

Hi everyone,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I have already escalated this issue to the appropriate team to investigate further.
Once they provide me with an update I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We appreciate your patience for the time being!

Thanks,
Mary

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: unable to modify account settings

Hi @PelicanDensity,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the issue you are experiencing.

I have already escalated this issue to the appropriate team to investigate further.
Once they provide me with an update I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We appreciate your patience for the time being!

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
SteveM001

Unable to Rename Roku Devices

I tried to rename our Roku Devices from the My Account page on Roku.com.. in order to make life easier when we cast streams to Roku.. and have the same Roku names appearing as options for the cast. 

I tried (on Windows 10) using Edge and Chrome browsers.   Results are the same.  It fails to rename and I get the popup message:

There was an unexpected error in the website. The current page will not load. Close and re-open your browser, navigate back to the website, and try repeating your last actions. If the problem persists, please contact our support team. 

Have tried repeatedly to retry using shorter names, dashes, no dashes, etc.  But same error.  
For example:   roku-den,  roku den,  roku_den

Help!! (please)

0 Kudos