Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pureagony
Channel Surfer

Web browser

Hello I was wondering so there a way to get a web browser on this tlc Roku 50” it makes no sense to me all the movie apps on the tv is trash and I’m not paying for that one app I’d like to search the Internet on my tv Google says there is a way but I can’t find it on the search like it says

1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Web browser

There is no built-in web browser for the Roku.  Easiest way is to either use an HDMI cable and a laptop or to wirelessly mirror your laptop/tablet etc.  Basically, these two methods allow you to mirror and cast content to your TV either through the TV itself, or through the Roku OS depending on chosen method.  

Different methods for different OS (Android, Apple, Windows, Linux, Mac).  Personally, I have an extra HDMI cable at the TVs that plugs into laptop (then change TV Input source to that HDMI), in order to stream online content/mirror or browse the web, in your case, whenever I have difficulty casting online content wirelessly to the Roku.

For the most part, I use the Web Video Caster app and the accompanying Web Video Caster Receiver Channel available from the Roku Channel store for most of my casting.

Hope that points you in the right direction.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos