Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clare
Channel Surfer

Volume indicator keeps popping up on screen

Jump to solution

I've  had the roku streambar for a couple of months and in the last few days the volume indicator keeps coming up on the screen when i'm flicking through the channels or on netflix scrolling through things, its quite annoying, any idea how to stop this?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Volume indicator keeps popping up on screen

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts and providing us with your information.

We believe we have identified the issue and expect this issue to be resolved in a future update. We appreciate your patience regarding this issue in the meantime.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

56 REPLIES 56
dcl2785
Reel Rookie

Volume keeps flashing after 10.0 firmware update

Jump to solution

My Roku Smart Soundbar updated itself to 10.0 again last night. Had the same issue a few weeks back and was able to downgrade to the previous firmware version. Can’t downgrade now. Each time I change an app or channel, the volume overlay pops up automatically. It will flash as many as 3 times. Wish you could just turn the volume display off but there doesn’t appear to an option anywhere. Anyone else seeing this same issue on their end and how to resolve? Factory reset doesn’t fix it either. 

David18
Channel Surfer

Re: Volume keeps flashing after 10.0 firmware update

Jump to solution

Same problem here with my Roku Streambar. For example, if I'm watching anything with commercial breaks, the volume display shows up in the top right when screen goes to black, again when the commercial starts, and yet again when show resumes. It started happening tonight (4/28). It's infuriating and annoying enough that I might return the Roku Streambar and look at other options. Unacceptable as it is. 

0 Kudos
Swim500
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same issue with my roku streambar since update to 10.0.  constantly popping up in between commercials, every time video starts on any app, etc.  Annoying as heck.  Tried power cycle, restart and factory reset.  All to no avail.  Hope a solution is found soon because this is very annoying..

0 Kudos
KC614
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yep, have this same issue since just updating to the OS10 update with the Streambar and it's so annoying. See no way of turning it off. It never did this before the update unless I adjusted the volume level. 

EDIT - Few hours after posting this, it may have been fixed. I did not get an update but I do not see this occuring as of now...

0 Kudos
Swim500
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Still having the issue with mine, even with a restart and power cycle.  Anyone else see the problem going away?

0 Kudos
dcl2785
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It hasn’t been fixed on my end. Tried rolling back the firmware again today and couldn’t. So frustrating. 

0 Kudos
David18
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Nope. I did a full system reset, to no avail. All that got me was having to log into all my streaming services again.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I had a family member that experienced something similar. It was the volume indicator showing, or sometimes muting. It was a different device than yours, but one that used the same remote. It never happened with me, though. Her cause may not be your cause, but it might be worth checking out.

She and I held the remote differently. I hold the remote over my hand, in the palm/fingers of my hand, and use my thumb to press the buttons.

hold-remote-under.jpeg

She held the remote under her hand, by the thumb and fingers, and used her index finger to press the buttons.

hold-remote-over.png

Might this be the cause of the issue?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Clare
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for the reply, it makes no difference how the remote is held, I've even tried my old Roku express remote and the same thing happens, it's just something that's started in the last day or two...