Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JustinRes
Level 7

Volume Mode on Roku Express

I bought a Roku Express earlier this year and it had the option of switching between Volume Modes (leveling, night, etc.) which is very useful.  Bought another express recently for a different room and apparently it's the newer model that is more rounded on the top.  It does not include the volume options.  Were they removed?

6 REPLIES 6\
rcwisinski
Level 7

Re: Volume Mode on Roku Express

I have had a Roku Express (3700X) for my main TV for a couple of years.  Several weeks ago the volume started acting erratic. I went to the options to make sure that the Leveling was still turned on after recent updates. It appears that that option has been removed. The same procedure that used to work now get me a menu that only has functions for captions and audio tracks, nothing for volume leveling.

Sibyld
Level 8

@JustinRes wrote:

I bought a Roku Express earlier this year and it had the option of switching between Volume Modes (leveling, night, etc.) which is very useful.  Bought another express recently for a different room and apparently it's the newer model that is more rounded on the top.  It does not include the volume options.  Were they removed?

Chances are, your newer model might have a different software version despite being a newer model.

0 Kudos
Edvasicek
Level 7

Mr Roku express does not offer volume leveling, although the help videos claim it does.  My only "star" option is closed captioning.

4rcher
Level 8

I bought one last Monday/Tuesday, Roku Express HD 3930CA  Version 10.5.0.4208

I did the update and everything then when I started streaming stuff, it was there as an option when I was pressing the Star* button. Yesterday and today, I couldn't find the option anywhere. Same channel, same thing to watch, no more Volume Mode Option, just Caption And Audio Tracks too.

Where did it go? The website says that it should do it.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@4rcher

Thanks for the post.

Are you already playing the content when you press the * button to access the volume modes?

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us with a screenshot of what you are seeing when you press the * button during playback so we can better understand what you are seeing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
4rcher
Level 8

When I click the Option button watching something on the Roku ChannelWhen I click the Option button watching something on the Roku ChannelSorry for some reason it shows it on the side, anyways, this is in french but it’s missing the Volume Mode, which was there when I bought the Roku… i find it odd

0 Kudos