Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bworkman14
Level 7

Voice is speaking to me

I am sick of hearing the woman with a terrible voice telling me everything to do when I touch the ROKU Remote.. How do I shut her up??

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Voice is speaking to me

@bworkman14 wrote:

I am sick of hearing the woman with a terrible voice telling me everything to do when I touch the ROKU Remote.. How do I shut her up??

You've accidentally activated the Voice Guide. Hit the * button four times rapidly and it will turn off. Go into the Accessibility menu and you can completely disable it so you don't accidentally turn it back on. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
SPOTMAN
Level 7

Woman speaking when I change channels

I have a problem with my new Roku account. Didn't have before they had me reset my tv to factory settings . Then got my account opened. every time I turn on my tv or change channels  the volume drops and I can hear a woman talking, after a bit the volume comes back up and voice is gone . It does the same time I change channels and the volume drops and she is speaking continuing her conversation.  Even when I go to settings it is her voice continuing talking then fades out . Any Ideas. Can't get support help. tried every thing .   

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Woman speaking when I change channels

That sounds like it might be the voice guide. Hit the * button 4 times quickly and see if it goes away. If it does, you can disable it in the Setting/Accessibility menu. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos