Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
John221
Level 7

Voice Search not working

Jump to solution

I just purchased a roku 4k stick and unable to do specific voice commands like search comedies or search for a given show or movie title i receive sorry. that is not yet supported.  Not sure what issue is but open Netflix command works and open starz app.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Voice Search not working

Jump to solution

Thanks for the extra details here. We appreciate your patience while we investigated.

We identified a temporary issue that has now since been resolved. Voice search functionality should now be working as expected again. 

Please keep us posted if you observe any further issue. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
deanmichael
Level 7

Jump to solution

I just started having this same issue.  I can use voice to open apps but not search.  I get "sorry, that's not yet supported."  I have tried everything on the message board to get it to work.  It worked yesterday.

I have re-started and re-paired remote and done everything else I can think of.

Help!!!  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
mariabernie
Level 7

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're seeing. If you could, please include examples of the specific searches that you are trying that you receive an error message in response, along with the specific error message that you see on screen. 

We'll help pass this information along to the team to take a closer look. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
deanmichael
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have tried at least 20 voice searches.  The ROKU says "Thinking" and then says "Sorry, that's not supported yet."  Not sure why you need examples but I have tried simple things like "Star Wars,"  "New Girl" and "Mandalorian."

The voice search feature worked yesterday but doesn't work now.   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Thanks for the extra details here. We appreciate your patience while we investigated.

We identified a temporary issue that has now since been resolved. Voice search functionality should now be working as expected again. 

Please keep us posted if you observe any further issue. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos