Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmcclous
Level 7

Video Description not turning off

I have the Sharp LC-43N7004U smart TV and Although I've turned off video description it is still on. Is there an update or something I can do to get this annoying speedy women's voice to stop?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
Brian1
Level 7

Re: Video Description not turning off

I just contacted Roku for the fix. If you point the remote at the Roku and press the star button four continuous times it will turn off the voice description. It took me a couple of tries but it worked.

Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

If you don't want it to come on again you can disable the shortcut in the settings menu:

settings> accessibility> scroll to shortcut> disable

The shortcut is pressing the oiption * key 4 times. That's probably how it got enabled in the first place. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Ride4Wine
Level 8

Make it stop, I'm going crazy! I've turned off Audio Guide, I've disabled shortcut, help please! Where is video description? It's happening during shows on Spectrum.

Visitor45763
Level 14

@Ride4Wine , I recall seeing a thread about the accessibility(?) narration coming from the Spectrum box or service. You might be looking in the wrong place?

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos