Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bmeupscot
Binge Watcher

Variety of Different 10.0 Builds

Jump to solution

We own a number of different Roku's. All have finally updated to OS 10.0, however, they are reflecting 3 different builds. The 2020 Ultras all have 2209. The 2019 Ultra runs 2198. The Streaming Stick+'s have 2198. Our Premiere has updated to 2209 but the Premiere+ is running 2195. The oldest one, a Streaming Stick (3800RW) has updated to 4209. I find this very confusing. They're all on the same network. Why aren't they all updating to the same build? I could easily understand if the older Streaming Stick wasn't running the latest build but what about the 2019 Ultra or the Streaming Stick+'s??? Appreciate if anyone else has noticed this. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Variety of Different 10.0 Builds

Jump to solution

@bmeupscot wrote:

My same thoughts exactly. Tried that right away. Same results.

Again, Roku rolls new builds out in a staggered manner. We have no idea how they decide where and which models get the update. If you're not in the US, OS release timing differs from the US releases. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Roku utilizes a staggered/limited release cycle/process.

Additionally, there are model-specific builds (such that you only ever see them on one/some models, and not others)

Seeing different builds on different devices is relatively normal for Roku, though OS 10 builds have been more staggered/limited than more recent version releases.

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

RokuOS firmware version 10.0.0-4209 has been made available for download for all models

bmeupscot
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks for the prompt response.  That may very well be the case but a daily check,  including today, doesn't produce any different results. As I said, I'm glad that they've all updated to 10.0 but the 4209 build isn't hitting all of the various types of Roku's. That's just fact.

0 Kudos
bmeupscot
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks for the prompt response.  Pretty much as I figured. 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You'll have to manually check:  Settings/System/System update/Check now

bmeupscot
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@bmeupscot wrote:

Again, Roku rolls new builds out in a staggered manner. We have no idea how they decide where and which models get the update. If you're not in the US, OS release timing differs from the US releases. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
bmeupscot
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Truth. The last time I checked,  NY was still in the contiguous 48, so I checked again and sure enough the updates finally were available. 

Thanks again for the heads-up!!!

0 Kudos