Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Using Samsung UN60HU8550FXZA which Roku will give best Disney+ experience?

Hi:  I have an older tv with an older Roku & the stick works great with Disney+.  I have a different Samsung UN60HU8550FXZA that I want to make sure can handle the 4k.  What should I use, Steaming Stick+ or Ultra?

Also, I prefer not to use wireless.  Is the HDMI connection for the 4k a real HDMI or is it the odd wireless connection I see being used with the Steaming Stick+ ? 

FYI, Some better pictures on the Roku site would probably have prevented this post.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Using Samsung UN60HU8550FXZA which Roku will give best Disney+ experience?

Hdmi is hdmi, it sends picture and sound over wired connection, either directly with stick+ which has the hdmi connector attached. Or by hdmi cable which the Ultra uses. The stick+ has to use wireless for the internet connection since it doesn't have a Ethernet port. Ultra can use either wireless or wired because it has a Ethernet port. Both are great for 4k.

Edmund
0 Kudos