Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Using Roku TV, closed captioning keeps turning "always on" on when set to "on mute" after mute.

I'm using a TCL version of Roku TV. I noticed after the latest update, the antenna TV app be much slower, but more troublesome that the closed captioning is no longer easy to manage. Usually it's set to "on mute", but now it is constantly flipping back to "always on." I wasn't sure if there was some Global setting that could be tweaked?

1 Reply
Level 8

Re: Using Roku TV, closed captioning keeps turning "always on" on when set to "on mut

Closed captioning on my TCL Roku TV has a mind of its own, too. The problem started after the upgrade that changed the look of the Options menu. I'll change the caption to On mute or On replay, and it'll switch itself back to Off or On always. Sometimes after 6 or 7 tries I'll get my setting, but usually I just give up 😑. I updated the system on Dec. 12, 2020, but the problem persists. 

0 Kudos