Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Roku Stick Plus as Airplay streaming source?

Jump to solution

The Roku streaming stick can quite obviously be used to receive Airplay  from another source, but can it be used to stream audio via Airplay to another device such as a Sonos sound system? Or from the Roku app to another device?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Use Roku Stick Plus as Airplay streaming source?

Jump to solution

No, there is no ability to stream the Roku to any other device. Its only output is via the HDMI connection.

There certainly are options to create some sort of broadcaster, but it would be involved, technical, and likely cost a lot, as it would probably take professional level equipment. Most equipment I've seen for sending something from HDMI wirelessly is merely sending the signal to another device that can connect to the HDMI input of a display. That would not make it viewable on a phone, tablet, etc. It simply replaces the long HDMI cable between the source and the display.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Use Roku Stick Plus as Airplay streaming source?

Jump to solution

No, there is no ability to stream the Roku to any other device. Its only output is via the HDMI connection.

There certainly are options to create some sort of broadcaster, but it would be involved, technical, and likely cost a lot, as it would probably take professional level equipment. Most equipment I've seen for sending something from HDMI wirelessly is merely sending the signal to another device that can connect to the HDMI input of a display. That would not make it viewable on a phone, tablet, etc. It simply replaces the long HDMI cable between the source and the display.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.