Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dsing
Reel Rookie

Upgrade to OS 10.0 has rendered my Rodu3 (4200X) useless

Woke up to O/S 10.0 upgrade on my Roku 3 yesterday and it is essentially useless at this point. After upgrade, it appeared to start from scratch with having to pair remote. After set up was completed the channels had no pictures with them and when run they all returned errors saying no internet connection. I then checked the connection and tested good. Then tried removing a channel and installing again with error it couldn't be installed due to connection error. Everything seems to be working such as advertisements, adding themes and other things requiring connection to internet. So not sure what has happen with upgrade since it was working fine before upgrade. Any thoughts or suggestions? I have gotten HBOMax, Amazon music, and Youtube working but at degraded quality. The box is hardwired to the network. Still can't add Netflix, Prime Video and several other channels I use.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Upgrade to OS 10.0 has rendered my Rodu3 (4200X) useless

Have you restarted it?  Settings/System/System restart/Restart

Known solutions/workarounds for apps not loading/closing to Home:

1) Check for updates: Settings/System/System updates/Check now - try again

2) Change your Theme to the Roku Default: Settings/Theme/Restore default theme - try again

3) Change your Screensaver to a Roku clock: Settings/Theme/Screensavers - try again

4) Remove SD card (if installed) - try again

5) Remove app, RESTART ROKU: Settings/System/System restart/Restart, Add app - try again

6) Network connection reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Network connection reset - try again

7) Completely unplug power from Roku for 10-15 minutes - try again

😎 Factory reset: Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Factory reset <--- last resort

NOTE for #5: Do not remove the YouTube TV app - you will not get the app back until the end of the dispute.

Dsing
Reel Rookie

Thank you for quick response! I have tried all but 4 and 8. Was waiting as last resort to do 8. Will try 4 now then 8 as last resort. Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Dsing
Reel Rookie

OK I wanted to let whoever wants to know that I tried both the SD uninstall and then factory reset. After MicroSD removal got error "no space to install" trying to add channels. After reset continued to get network errors and not enough space (SD reinstalled). So I bought a new Roku Ultra and using all the same cables for network and HDMI connection, new Roku came up with no problems and am up again with new Roku. Can't believe a software upgrade made my old Roku basically non-functional!

0 Kudos