Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Upgrade old Roku with JVC tv

I bought my JVC tv 5+ years ago. It came with a Roku plug in and the remote is designed to control the Roku(not a Roku remote tho). Since the Roku is fairly old and very slow can I upgrade my Roku device that came with my JVC tv? Will it still work with my remote? 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Upgrade old Roku with JVC tv

Yes, a newer Roku should work with any tv with HDMI inputs.

Note that your old Roku may have been one of the old models that drew its power by being connected to an MHL-enabled HDMI port found on some tv's in the early 2010's. MHL never really caught on, though, and is rare or non-existant on current tv models so this capability has been dropped from Rokus in recent years. Now Rokus are powered via separate USB cords plugged into a suitable USB port on the tv or into a supplied power adaptor plugged into household current.

Can't answer the question re the old remote, but the new Roku will come with its own remote.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos