Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Upgrade from 3500x performance?

I have a Roku 3500x running OS 9.2.0, which uses a RF remote. I find the Remote control performance to be horribly horribly poor. Many times it takes 8 to 10 seconds for the Roku to respond to a button press, and sometimes it will simply ignore me till I press the home button. Once in a while, I must log on using my cell phone and wifi to regain control of the Roku.

I would like to get another Roku Streaming Stick, but I do not know if the RF remotes on the newer models have any better performance.

Does anybody have any insight on this?

Thanks, Mark.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Upgrade from 3500x performance?

@Cool_Javelin 

Thanks for the note.

Please be aware that the Roku Streaming Stick 3500 is one of our older Streaming Sticks. We would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. Meanwhile you can use the free Roku mobile app as a replacement remote control.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos