Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HenryC1
Level 7

Updated payment method, now remote won’t work

My credit card expired, so I could not access Roku. I updated my credit card, and still can’t access Roku. I can turn on the TV with my Roku remote, but the TV does not respond to any other buttons on the remote, and the TV says “no signal.“ Help
0 Kudos
2 Replies
atc98092
Level 15

Re: Updated payment method, now remote won’t work

@HenryC1 wrote:
My credit card expired, so I could not access Roku. I updated my credit card, and still can’t access Roku. I can turn on the TV with my Roku remote, but the TV does not respond to any other buttons on the remote, and the TV says “no signal.“ Help

There's no reason you can't use a Roku without a valid CC. I don't even have one on my account. So that has nothing to do with your issue. If the TV is saying no signal, then it isn't recognizing the Roku that is connected. First thing to try is to unplug the HDMI cable and plug it back in snugly. Do this with both devices powered off, preferably with the power cords unplugged. If that doesn't change anything, then try using a different HDMI port in the TV. Next, try a different HDMI cable. If it's not a 4K Roku player, any cheap cord will do. 

Let us know if none of these has made a difference. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Updated payment method, now remote won’t work

@HenryC1  Were you able to resolve the issue using the tips provided by @atc98092 ? 

If not, please reply with the specific make/model of TV that your device is connected to and we'll help take a closer look. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos