Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mtguitarist89
Level 8

Re: Update to 9.4 caused Dolby Digital Plus ARC output to stop working

Still having the same issue, haven't been able to use CEC or Dolby Atmos for over a month. Any update on when this will be fixed?

0 Kudos
JMAN253
Level 8

I've had the same problem, without Atmos for two months now. I have TCL R625 and Vizio SB46514. I started with Vizio. They made sure my soundbar was up to date and suggested it was a Roku software problem. After going through the various factory resets and settings changes they recommended, they then told me to reach out to TCL, suggesting it is a hardware issue. TCL had me change settings as well before telling me they think the problem is with my internet connection, despite having 70 Mbps. They want to send out a tech to look at the TV and recommended I get in touch with the retailer I bought it from to see if they would replace it, despite owning the TV for over a year now.

The general consensus I have found is that it is the Roku update causing the problem and that replacing the TV and /or soundbar does nothing to fix the problem. I guess we have to keep playing the waiting game with Roku to see if they ever fix the issue.

0 Kudos
Nwt
Level 7

Well I managed to find a (semi useable) workaround that also seems to tie into other related issues I have seen when googling this issue. To recover DD+ (and therefore atmos) I forced and updated to the TV's OS through one of the hidden screens (Home x5, FF x3, RV x2). I then power cycled the soundbar and can get dolby atmos in the netflix app, the dolby demo app, disney+, and amazon prime video. 

This "solution" instantly fails if I try fast forwarding or reversing content in any app. I have also tried just the power cycle of the soundbar and just the update of the TV OS individually and only doing 1 doesn't solve the issue. 

I should also mention that the OS update isn't really and update as its going from 9.4.00 to 9.4.00 (same build number too).

Its 100% an issue with the Roku software and its really frustrating how complicated the "workaround" is and that this issue has been around for more than 2 months and there has been no indication of an official solution. 

0 Kudos
JMAN253
Level 8

Anyone's OS update to 10 yet to see if they included a fix to this problem? My TV is still on 9.4.

naveensan1
Level 7

I'm also having the same problem

0 Kudos
JMAN253
Level 8

Found a "fix" to my problem. The audio would only cut out when using Roku channels on the TVs Roku. I have an HDMI splitter to hook my blu-ray player and cable box directly to the Vizio SB46514 soundbar and never have any audio issues with these devices. I bought a 4k Fire TV Stick and plugged it into the last spot on my HDMI splitter and now can stream the same apps (mostly VUDU) and get Dolby Digital Plus Atmos sound and Dolby Vision. Too bad the in-TV Roku is having problems, but getting the Fire Stick on sale was well worth it. Same streaming quality and no sound drops yet.

0 Kudos