Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Update to 9.2

I can’t seem to get my software to update to 9.2 this Roku is new to me so I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong. I’ve tried the manual scan, I’ve even done a factory reset. Any tricks you can suggest?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Update to 9.2

Tell us the name and model number of the roku? Go settings> system> about> ?

Edmund
Highlighted
Level 7

@Tivoburkee wrote:

Tell us the name and model number of the roku? Go settings> system> about> ?

3100x roku 2 xs 

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Shortcheryl 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Your device model Roku 2 XS 3100X will not be receiving OS 9.2.

For more information about OS 9.2 and a list of devices that will be receiving OS 9.2 visit our Support page here: Roku® OS software release notes

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have a Roku Ultra 4660X that is stuck on OS 9.1.0 build4147-46. Any way to force the OS 9.2 update?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@andrewjb44 

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you want to check manually for a software update, press the Home button and select Settings > System > System Update > Check Now.

For more information on how to check for a software update, visit our Support page here: How do I update the software on my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thank you for the suggestion of trying to update the software. I have done that no less than 2 dozen times since the new software was announced and never found the 9.2 update. I have been told its rolling out, but it has been rolling out for 4 months now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Can you try to update with an Ethernet connection?

Do it if you can.

Make sure any MicroSD memory is pulled out.

Some times a reset will show the update went fine whereas

it wouldnt show before.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos