Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Litty89
Level 7

Update software

My roku player keeps telling me to update my software but it’s saying it’s unable to update to try again later. And I’ve been trying for two days, this is my second roku I bought within two days & it’s still saying this.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
remaker
Level 10

Re: Update software

See: https://support.roku.com/article/115002796148

If you have some kind of firewall, VPN, or network security device, it could be clocking upgrades.

Which Roku model? Wired of Wireless?

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Update software

Some people with this problem have reported success by using a wifi hot spot on their mobile phone as the internet connection. If/when it completes the update successfully then they could switch it back to using their home wifi network.

If you don't have a phone hot spot available you could take it to a friend or neighbor's and try using their wifi for the update.

Note: this has not been universally successful, but many people have reported it worked for them.
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
art33
Level 9

Re: Update software-- HATE THIS CHANGE!!!

WTF, Roku?  Now the menu for shows on over the air only shows what is currently on, you can't use the arrow to see what was on earlier in the day.  The new menu also takes up a 3rd of the screen.  And WORST of all, now when I try and change channels, it takes like 10 times hitting the freaking button to try and change the channel.  Your 'Update" like most updates, sucks donkeyballs.   I do not want to take 5 minutes to try and go from channel 13.5 to 13.1.  It is not the battery, it is your stupid unwanted **bleep** 'update'.

0 Kudos