Account, payments & subscriptions

Get the help you need with the My Roku Account log in, Roku billing, subscription questions, and more. Join the community discussion for more assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GWayne

Re: Weather Widget Lifetime App Charge

Jump to solution

I have been charged for the same weather widget lifetime app. I have gotten no help from Roku support either. Did you have cancel your credit card? Or did Roku ever reimburse you?  Thanks

0 Kudos

Update roku account

Jump to solution

I want to switch to a BTS screensaver, but is telling me there’s an error and that I need to update my roku account, what do I do to update it?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Update roku account

Jump to solution

Is there a charge for that screensaver?  Is it asking you to update your payment information?  You can do that at https://my.roku.com/

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Douglas2

Re: Update roku account

Jump to solution

I recently opened a Roku account. I have been told by others with accounts that it should have no charge. Why am I being charged, and how to I correct this?

0 Kudos
Douglas2

Re: Change my Roku Premium account to the basic with no monthly fee.

Jump to solution

I recently subscribed for a Roku account. I am being charged $9.99 per month. I believe it is The Roku Premium account and I want the basic account which has no monthly charge. How can I make this change?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Change my Roku Premium account to the basic with no monthly fee.

Jump to solution

There's no such thing as a Roku basic or premium account.  You are most likely being scammed.  If you called someone to activate your Roku then you are definitely getting scammed.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
MuhdOvais

Jump to solution

Hey @mariusg78   , I experienced the same thing recently. Did you get this resolved somehow?

0 Kudos
Gryphith

Jump to solution

Had exactly the same issue with the exact same app. Got an invoice email from Roku for the purchase of the weather widget lifetime app when I've never downloaded or used it. Roku support staff doesn't care and is unhelpful. I suggest you remove your payment info from Roku if possible and contact your bank about fraud. That's certainly my plan. This reeks of a scam and I'm really surprised Roku is allowing these unauthorized charges to damage their platform like this.

0 Kudos
PhilWil

Jump to solution

I was reviewing my Capital one card and came across this charge, the charge was never authorized  and it appears that if click on the weather app after a search for weather app's on roku, it establishes billing automatically with out consumers ok. This is blatant misleading consumers and enrollment into marketing of services never authorized. Roku customer care when notified makes a reading statement about third party billing and a spew about such charges of non refundable.

Shame on Roku, this poor service and hold these types of companies to a higher standard falls to Roku as under laew of "Respondent Superior"

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@PhilWil

Thanks for the post.

For account and billing related issues, please reach out to our support team directly here for your 'Account or billing' issue, here: https://support.roku.com/contactus. They will be able to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos