Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
micwat
Reel Rookie

Update OS 10.5 today. Channels quit working.

Jump to solution

Device updated.  Restarted.  But,  doesn't work.  For example you can click on Prime or the Roku Channel and nothing happens.  Anyone else run into this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Spectrum channel showing error RLP-1031 after firmware 10. 5 update

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We believe this issue has been resolved. At this time, we would recommend trying to perform a system update on your Roku device.

Instructions to manually check for a software update:
  1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select System update.
  5. Select Check Now to manually check for updates.
  6. Restart your Roku device.

We will be closing this thread out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36
wchl23
Channel Surfer

Broken apps caused by OS update

Jump to solution

Do not update your Roku to the newest OS. The OS breaks Vudu Fandango and Movies Anywhere. I was not able to watch Ultra high-definition content with the apps mentioned after the update. I use ARC. I put the Roku back to the previous OS and all apps are working as intended.

jphensleyjr
Channel Surfer

Spectrum channel showing error RLP-1031 after firmware 10. 5 update

Jump to solution

After the firmware 10.5 update was loaded the Spectrum app is displaying error RLP-1031. Two other Roku's that were not updated are working fine. I have remove and reloaded the Spectrum channel. Spectrum support was unable to fix.

garystan1952
Binge Watcher

Amazon Prime Video App Being Deleted

Jump to solution

Hi everybody :

I'm disappointed that Google did it again.  Now....my Amazon Prime Video app has been removed.  On my System Info screen, it states Roku TV 5232X.....Sharp Model LC-32LB591U.....Software Version  10.5.0 build 4156-34.  THANKS A LOT GOOGLE! Well, what comes around goes around........Google's day is coming ! Well, at least I CAN watch Prime Video on my Android Tablet ! And I do have an LG Web OS-based tv in the living room (as of this writing, I'm going to have to check and see if Prime Video has been (permanently) removed from Web OS devices !   Need advice on how to deal with this.

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Spectrum channel showing error RLP-1031 after firmware 10. 5 update

Jump to solution

@jphensleyjr wrote:

After the firmware 10.5 update was loaded the Spectrum app is displaying error RLP-1031. Two other Roku's that were not updated are working fine. I have remove and reloaded the Spectrum channel. Spectrum support was unable to fix.

You didnt mention your Roku model # or firmware version+build (Settings/System/About) or app version+build (highlight the app and press Options (*) on the remote).

FYI, the correct procedure to re-install an app on Roku:

1) Remove the app (Highlight the app, press the Options (*) button on the remote, then Remove)

2) RESTART the Roku (Settings/System/System restart/Restart) <-- MUST DO THIS HERE!!!

3) Re-install the app

(If you dont restart after removal, settings/cached data associated with the app are left behind and it wont be a clean re-install)

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Update today. Quit working.

Jump to solution

You didnt mention your Roku model # or firmware version (Settings/System/About) or app(s) version (highlight the app and press Options (*) on the remote).

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Amazon Prime Video App Being Deleted

Jump to solution

It appears your Roku TV updated to OS10.5 - and this is the source of your missing Prime app.

(Roku is responsible, not Google, for RokuOS updates)

Try:

1) Check for updates:  Settings/System/System  update/Check now - try again

2) Restart your TV:  Settings/System/Power/System restart/Restart - try again

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Broken apps caused by OS update

Jump to solution

You didnt mention your Roku model # and firmware version: Settings/System/About

Assuming you have a Roku TV that updated to OS 10.5.0-4156 - if it/you update again, try checking for updates a second time:  Settings/System/System updates/Check now

Often after a major OS version upgrade, app/app compatibility updates are necessary to make the apps work with the new OS's changes.

Jmr57779

Philo App not working after recent roku update today

Jump to solution

Is anyone having trouble with the Philo app after today’s roku system update?

When selecting a show to play, it loads up to 33% and then goes back to the Philo home page.  

We have done the following already

- checked all updates

- removed and reinstalled the app

- restarted roku multiple times 

- unplugged and plugged back in

PHILO IS THE ONLY APP WITH THIS ISSUE.  ALL OTHER APPS WORK.  

PHILO WORKS FINE ON ALL OTHER DEVICES AND PC

Does anyone have a solution?

Thank you!

Martinos

Re: Hulu and Netflix no longer working on Roku 2

Jump to solution

Can confirm my Netflix is not working after the most recent update - the program loads as normal but then crashes once done loading (at the user screen/login screen).

Following the instructions in the other thread, I tried uninstalling, performing the system restart via the System menu, and re-installing, no change.

I've only tried Disney+ channel so I'm not sure how universal my issue is, but Disney+ works ok.

I can confirm this only happened after the most recent update because my family was watching Netflix and turned it off at about 6:15 pm PST.  My tv recorded the update at 6:42 pm PST and when I tried to launch netflix later this evening it would crash directly to the home screen after loading.

Device info:
SHARP Model #LC-55LB481C Rev. A
Roku version 10.5.0 Build 4164, installed 6:42 PM PST
Netflix version 4.2, Build 98015429