Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates

Help configuring Roku device settings, using Roku OS features such as screen mirroring, adjusting display type and audio settings, using Guest Mode, and assistance with software updates.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deke40
Level 9

Update Looks Wrong

My Roku stick  tells me I can update from 8.0.1.4081 to 8.0.1.4042.  Unless Roku has some weird kind of update sequence that doesn't make
any sense to me.  I updated one of my sticks and it now shows the 4042 after changing from 4081.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
hackztor
Level 9

Re: Update Looks Wrong

"deke40" wrote:
My Roku stick  tells me I can update from 8.0.1.4081 to 8.0.1.4042.  Unless Roku has some weird kind of update sequence that doesn't make
any sense to me.  I updated one of my sticks and it now shows the 4042 after changing from 4081.

Yup, mine does the same. I am guessing they updated in (looks like February 27, 2018) and now it is a downgrade (probably a major enough bug to warrant a downgrade). I am not surprised one bit anymore by bugs/bad updates from Roku. I still prefer Roku over Android TV though.
0 Kudos
Emissary35
Level 10

Re: Update Looks Wrong

Just saw the same thing on my Roku, the upgrade which is actually a rollback, maybe Roku should do a better job testing updates before releasing them and this wouldn't be necessary.
0 Kudos